Monday, July 14, 2014

Who ARE You?

February 16, 2014

The word of the LORD came to me, saying: Before I formed you in the womb I knew you…
 Jer 1:4–5

 How many times have you asked yourself, or God, “Who am I? Why am I here?” These verses from Jeremiah tells us that God knows exactly who we are even if we don’t! These questions have come to me often as I discern where God is leading me and as I pray on it He often gives me little glimpses of my role in life. He does not disclose all, and I am often impatient, but wouldn’t life be boring if we really did have all the answers?

Discovering who we are and why we are here is a lifelong pursuit. We need to trust that the Lord knows what is best for us, we need to be patient. In a later chapter in Jeremiah, the Lord states: For I know well the plans I have in mind for you, plans for your welfare, not for woe! Plans to give you a future full of hope. (Jer 29:11)

I was at a meeting where we opened in prayerful song. The tune was “Who I Was Born To Be” as sung by Susan Boyle. My heart caught these words:

I am who I was born to be
And so here am I, Open arms and ready to stand
I've got the world in my hands, And it feels like my turn to fly.

As God slowly lets me in His plans for me I do feel as if I am discovering who I was born to be… and I am ready to fly! This week let us truly be attentive to God’s whisperings… If we listen closely we will discover who we are meant to be and we will all be ready to fly… and when that happens, just think of how joyous our Lord will be!

. -God Bless, Holly Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment