Monday, July 14, 2014

Which Road Will You Take?



January 12, 2014

 TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood…*

The poet Robert Frost wrote these lines in the early 1900s. I was reminded of this poem not long ago, during this past Advent, when I felt that Jesus was calling on me to reflect on my roads that I have travelled and the roads that I have yet to meet. I could not help but think that Jesus definitely chose the road less traveled. Whenever two paths diverged, Jesus always chose the more difficult route. This leads me to muse that perhaps it is the journey that is important and not the destination.

In life we are faced with many diverging paths and roads. In January, we make resolutions and set goals for the year. And then, we aim straight for those goals not really paying attention to how we obtain them. So often we see a goal in front of us that we rush to reach without enjoying the scenery on the way. We look at obstacles on our path as hindrances to our goals rather than signposts pointing out new paths and new adventures. This January let us think more about the journey of life rather than the destination. Let us be more mindful of the road we travel and what there is to see and learn on the journey. Let us also put aside fear of the unknown and travel down the road less traveled… it will make all the difference in your life…

Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.*
                                           *”The Road Not Taken” – Robert Frost, 1916

 -God Bless, Holly Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment