Monday, July 14, 2014

Feeling the Spirit, Feeling the Love!

February 2, 2014

Feeling the Spirit, Feeling the Love, …and feeling the strength, the joy and peace of our Lord!

 How often have you felt the presence of Jesus in your lives? Have you ever felt His love, joy, peace, strength and spirit around you, in you, or in others? Every once in a while Jesus will make His presence known to me. He will come to me in places where you might expect and sometimes completely unexpected. Very often He will come to me in prayer and when I need healing and strength. He will show me His heart and love for me in my mind and heart. This is how we will often experience Jesus. But have you ever felt His presence outside of personal prayer? Has He ever come to you at unexpected times? Jesus is always with us though very often we don’t notice or sit still long enough to sense His presence.

Jesus makes Himself known to me in the ordinary times of my life and extraordinary times. Most recently He has shown Himself to me through you. When I am serving the Eucharist I see joy on your faces as you approach the real presence of Christ. When one of you gives me a hug, I close my eyes and feel Jesus’ strength pulsating through you to me. When I look into the loving eyes of my family I feel the love contained in Jesus’ heart. And when I am surrounded by family friends and fellow Christians is hard for me to not notice the joy and excitement emanating from the group!

 This week practice being still and asking Jesus to reveal Himself to you. Close your eyes for a moment or two and try to sense His strength, His love and His Joy. He will come to you! If you do not find Him there, surround yourself with friends and loved ones and let yourself be still… Jesus will find you… -God Bless, Holly Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment