Monday, July 14, 2014

Hope...

Hope...

Always be ready to give an explanation to anyone who asks you for a reason for your hope. 1Peter 3:15

Hope can mean so many things to different people. Hope can be as simple as hoping for a new job, hoping for good grades, hoping to find Mister Right (or Miss Right), or hoping for a sunny day for a barbecue. Hope can also be complex, such as hoping for a cure for cancer or an end to war… and then… there is Hope in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. It is through our Triune God that our hopes and dreams may be realized and fulfilled.

Today’s second reading challenges us to be ready to give an explanation for our Hope when asked. Our ultimate Hope lies in life everlasting with our Father, and His Son, Jesus—Death is no more! A simple explanation for Hope could be that Jesus died for us, thus our Hope resides in the Cross. But we may know this in our minds but what do our hearts say when we are asked the question: “What gives you hope?” It is up to each of us to spend time in prayer to answer the question. For me I find hope in two ways one is through nature and the other is through each of you! In nature I see the face of God in every leaf, flower, bird, babbling brook; and I think what an awesome God to create all this beauty. Nature gives me hope of a loving God!

In each of you, I see the face of Christ. When I take your hand at the sign of peace or extend a comforting hug, I feel your spirit interminlged with the spirit of Christ; and in your stories I hear the voice of Christ uplifting me in hope.
I challenge you this week! Take some time to pray and reflect on what gives you hope… and share that hope with a friend and with your family. Our world and our lives are so much the better when there is hope. – God Bless, Holly Clark!

No comments:

Post a Comment