Monday, July 14, 2014

Awesome God

May 18, 2014


Awesome God...

Moses said to the people: "Ask now of the days of old, before your time, ever since God created man upon the earth; ask from one end of the sky to the other: Did anything so great ever happen before? Dt 4:32

A couple of years ago I went on a retreat at the Campion Center in Weston. The drive to the center was long but gorgeous. The trees were in full bloom, flowers decorated lawns, and the sun was brightly shining. As I drove I was thinking of the above quote from Deuteronomy. I believe nature is God’s greatest creation, totally awesome! We don’t always appreciate what God has given us in nature’s beauty.

During the retreat we had the windows open and we were in a silent mode, but this one bird outside didn’t get the message! I tried to concentrate on the guided meditation but found myself distracted by the bird… the bird just kept chirping and chirping… then the thought occurred to me that maybe God was drawing my attention to the bird. The bird constantly chirped its song and other birds answered in reply. I wondered what they were saying to each other and to me. I wondered if God was speaking to me through the bird. God often speaks to me through nature… The gentle breeze whispers… the ocean waves softly wash over my feet as they sink into the sand… the ever changing colors of New England seasons… what an awesome God we have to have given us all of this!

This summer as you travel about on vacation, or maybe just looking out your kitchen window, take a moment and thank God for His creations. Thank God for the blossoming roses, the chirping birds, the beauty of the oceans, mountains and sky at night… the list is as endless as the grains of sand on the beach! Think of how blah life would be without nature’s beauty. Let us not take it for granted…
– God Bless, Holly Clark!

No comments:

Post a Comment