Monday, July 14, 2014

Spirit of Wind and Fire

June 8, 2014

Spirit of Wind and Fire
When the time for Pentecost was fulfilled, they were all in one place together. And suddenly there came from the sky a noise like a strong driving wind, and it filled the entire house in which they were. Then there appeared to them tongues as of fire, which parted and came to rest on each one of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit…
Acts 2:1-10


Have you ever been touched by the Holy Spirit? Have you ever invited the Holy Spirit into your heart? Have you seen the Spirit come to you in fire and wind? Of the three members of the Trinity, the Holy Spirit always seemed to be the most mysterious to me. I can easily picture in my mind the Father and Son but when I get to the Holy Spirit I have many images that come to mind: dove, wind, fire, water, etc. These would seem to be very differing images but all are of the Sprit and we can experience the Holy Spirit in many ways!

When I was undergoing radiation treatment for cancer a few years ago, I knew it was too much for me to handle by myself so I asked the Trinity to help! I asked our Father to be my strength and His Son to be my Healing and since the Holy Spirit can be and do many things I asked him to be and to do everything that the other two didn’t do! With their help I made it through but during this time I found myself face-to-face with the Holy Spirit. It was as if the Holy Spirit took up residence in my body. I felt the fire and warmth, I felt the wild wind and I received the peace of the dove. The Holy Spirit and I were no longer strangers.

As I go through life I am reminded of those months in treatment and how the Holy Spirit kept me going. Today the Spirit speaks to me in the wind, in the fire of a sunset and the gentle (sometimes stormy) ocean waves. The Holy Spirit may be mysterious but once you invite him into your heart, he will always be there… all you need to do is to call out to him… Come Holy Spirit… and he will be there.

God bless, Holly Clark!

No comments:

Post a Comment