Monday, July 14, 2014

He is Risen! Death is No More!

April 20, 2014

Alleliuia! He is Risen! Every Holy Week we travel with Jesus on His journey to the Cross. On Holy Thursday we dine with Him and agonize with Him in the Garden. On Good Friday we share His pain as we witness His trial and journey to His execution; we want to help carry His cross and ease His suffering; we watch in sadness as He dies on the Cross. On Holy Saturday we keep Vigil over His tomb… somewhere, in the back of our minds, we pray that He really isn’t dead. On Easter Sunday, we awake to find an empty tomb… Where can He be? He is Risen… body and soul. He has conquered sin. He has conquered death itself. He has given us new life.

 Many of us know the story of Christ’s Passion, death and resurrection, but have you ever taken the time to pause and reflect upon what it all means to you personally? How it all relates to you and your life?
 I recently took some time to reflect on Christ’s journey to the resurrection and what it means to me in my life. Christ has conquered death! Four years ago my father passed away after being ill for some months. As I struggled with my pain, I asked God many times, “Why? Why do we suffer so when we lose a loved one?” Especially when, by our faith, I should be celebrating Dad is with Jesus in heaven. Jesus has conquered death, after all. But those left behind still feel the pain of loss, just we feel the pain of Jesus death. As I journey with Jesus this Holy Week I am also reflecting back and journeying with my Dad. I am walking with Him on His journey, meeting Jesus, his hand in mine. The lesson of the Cross gives me hope that I will see my father again in the fullness of time. And we know Christ’s death brought us new life. My Dad is also giving me new life now in so many different ways. He is in my heart and my soul and still inspiring me to be the person I was born to be. 

Today, take some time to remember lost loved ones. Their suffering is over and they are in Heaven today, helping Jesus to take care of you from above. I guarantee it!
Have a Blessed Easter, Holly Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment