Tuesday, July 1, 2014

What is Faith?


August 11, 2013

 Faith is the realization of what is hoped for and evidence of things not seen. Heb 11:1

 This quote from today’s readings has always been one of my favorites. A couple of weeks ago I was vacationing in the White Mountains and visited a small gift shop and saw this same quote on a small desk plaque. I felt like God was sending me a very timely message. In the past few months I have seen the realization of some of my hopes, things that were unseen a year or two ago. Among my hopes has been: being cancer free for 5 years, my graduation last May, a position utilizing my education in our collaborative, plans for a larger office (!), a family vacation/camping trip in New Hampshire, and countless other little hopes and dreams God has helped me to realize. During my vacation I took out the time to reflect upon these hopes and dreams and thank God for his role in my life.

 As I reflected on the past few years and the hopes that have been fulfilled, I asked God “Okay… What’s next?” We should always be looking towards having new hopes and dreams. My professional hopes and dreams for the next year (or 2 or 3!) include serving on the pastoral service team for our collaborative, working with all of you to build up our parishes and collaborative. We are just beginning to realize some of the hopes and dreams that the pastoral plan, Disciples in Mission promises us.

 When I first started working for both parishes I asked you all to consider and reflect upon your hopes and dreams. As we begin the work of collaboration and envangelization I would ask you all to continue to reflect and then take the extra step of sharing your hopes and dreams with us. With your faith we will realize all of of our hopes and dreams, things that are unseen now but with the help of the Holy Spirit we will build an awesome collaborative! God Bless, Holly Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment