Monday, July 14, 2014

Sharing My Story, Sharing My Life, Sharing My Faith

March 9, 2014

Not too long ago I took a trip, by myself on a tour, to the Canadian Rockies. I was on a tour and I met some wonderful elderly ladies from New Mexico who made sure I was not alone for our meals. As we chatted I slowly discovered what fascinating lives they had led! They shared many stories with me of their life in Los Alamos during the 1940s. At some point they let it drop that they were the wives of the scientists that worked on the Manhatten Project. I thought to myself, “WOW! I am sitting next to living history!” I realized slowly that we all have stories to tell. As Christians we all have stories to tell of how we came to know God, the Father and His Son. Here I share my story!

In 2008, during our a Generations of Faith Peace festivas, I had an experience that I can only describe as a calling. I was undergoing radiation therapy for cancer at the time and was mentally and physically exhausted. I still went to the festival because I found the festivals to be very life-giving spiritually. I was helping a little boy get a drink of water when I felt the Holy Spirit’s presence in my ear. A voice came to me telling me that I was meant to be here, I was meant to be a co-worker in the Lord’s vineyard. For a time I pondered the meaning of this experience. I knew my calling was to make ministry my vocation and entered the Master of Arts of Ministry program at St. John’s Seminary. I graduated last May and as I look back I know Jesus was with me, preparing the way for me to serve you as He would.
What is your story? How did you come to know the Lord? Not everyone will have the same experience. The Lord speaks to some of us quietly and to others, thunderously. Please take this week to reflect upon your story. As we begin Lent let us all reflect on “our stories”.
God Bless, Holly Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment