Monday, July 14, 2014

What Image of Jesus Would You Use?

June 29, 2014

What Image of Jesus Would You Use?
This question was asked of me last summer when I was being interviewed as a part of the process to becoming a certified Pastoral Associate. The scenario they had asked me to reflect upon was: “It is now June 2014 and you are celebrating the one year anniversary of the Cranberry Catholic Collaborative what image of Jesus would you use? What image of Jesus would you want your parishioners to see as coming from the Collaborative?’ My answer was that I would like to see a “Come as You Are Jesus” and a “Happy, Joyous, Welcoming Jesus”. My thought was that, in our Collaborative we want to welcome everyone right where they are in faith, right where they live in whatever state of life they may be in—Just as Jesus did throughout His ministry. I also was thinking that we want our image of Jesus to be one of joy and happiness. I was imagining that at our one year celebration Jesus would be happy and joyous at what we had accomplished in one year and what we will accomplish in the future- together.

 As we celebrated together the Cardinal’s visit to bless the St. Joseph House and then again at the St. Rose BBQ—I felt as if we were truly celebrating the one year anniversary of our Collaborative. I was brought back to the question of “What image of Jesus…”. As I celebrated with you at these events I found Jesus there with us… I saw on Jesus’ face a joyous, happy face and His arms wide open as He greeted each of us at the door. I felt truly the hypothetical question asked of me last August had become a reality! Many people came to the celebrations with joy, welcoming one another in peace and fellowship. As I greeted you and as I hobnobbed with you, I could see my image of welcoming, warm, joyous, come-as-you are Jesus reflected in each of your faces. I feel very blessed to be working in our Collaborative. All together we have made Jesus weep with Joy in our love for one another and willingness to continue His Mission on earth. My God bless all of you, and our Collaborative for years to come…

Peace to you, Holly Clark!

No comments:

Post a Comment