Monday, July 14, 2014

The Labyrinth - Part Two


June 21, 2014
The Labyrinth – Part Two
Into the Labyrinth I go…
This morning I went down to walk the labyrinth... not expecting anything... just stilling my mind awaiting God to initiate the conversation. As I walked I kept noticing the stones that line my path. I found myself staring at the guide stones...noticing their uniqueness, color, striations, size, speckling, texture, sparklings, and position. As I walked I reflected on my past musings, knowing what kind of rock am I... This time I looked at the same stones and mused about each of the rocks representing people I have guided and in an intermingling of thoughts I was thinking that they were also the people who have guided me, helping me along my path. I found myself grateful to both the people who have guided me and the people I serve.

When I got to the center I became very emotional looking at the stack of rocks. I knew each was placed there by a person... Each stone represented a prayer or thought, or person... And I laid my stone down too... And then God said to me... All the persons in our collaborative! All the rocks piled one, by one, coming together to form a pattern, a structure! Our collaborative! I began to well up with emotion! I thought of each stone as a member of our collaborative all coming together, joining together in the single purpose of building the collaborative and seeing it work! God continues to surprise me with his thoughts and ideas. Or maybe he brings to the surface what I already have deep in my soul...

Perhaps this is the mystery I see... I see rocks as special, each with a history and function, each unique as are people. I see the stone, I hear the stone, I pray with the stone. I see stones as worthy as is each individual I meet... And when we all come together we can build bridges, buildings, seating places, labyrinths, walls... And so it is with our collaborative. We are each a living stone and together we can build a new house to God… a home, made of living stone. God bless, Holly Clark!

No comments:

Post a Comment