Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Love!
Beloved, let us love one another… 1 Jn4:7

Today’s readings all focus upon love. The Father’s love for us; the Son’s love for us; and the love we share for one another. How do you experience God’s love? Do you ever slow down enough to think about it?

I’ve been reflecting a lot lately about the Father’s and the Son’s love for us. I’ve been to a few meetings and workshops lately on a variety of ministerial subjects. People from parishes all over the Archdiocese come together in fellowship to share ideas, and to pray and worship together. In these meetings I will often close my eyes for a moment or two and try to feel Jesus’ presence in the room. The last time I did this I heard Jesus’ voice tell me—“feel the love in the room.” I closed my eyes once more and concentrated upon the presence of those around me. I felt a surge of warmth as I became aware of the love of so many people. I was buoyed up in joy!

Love and joy are all around you. In our busyness we often forget to stop, pause and reflect upon God’s love and the love of others towards us. Take time this week to be in a group of people, close your eyes: feel their presence, feel their love, and experience the love of God. Love truly does make the world go ‘round!
God Bless, Holly Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment