Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Impatient!


Impatient!

Have you found yourself growing more and more impatient lately? In this day and age of instant communications, and world-wide-web instant knowledge, I often find myself very impatient: “Why hasn’t Jane answered my e-mail yet? Where is John that he can’t return my phone call? Why is my internet taking forever to download a song?” And do you also tend to multitask while waiting? When you are conversing with someone do you ever have the sudden urge to check your cell phone for the latest texts? (You wouldn’t want to miss anything!) And as I write this I have four other programs running in the background on my laptop! Somehow, I think, if Jesus were here today, he would be turning off the technology. He’d probably use it to spread the good news but would turn it off to be with people face-to-face.

This spring I am going to work on slowing down, having patience and maybe relax a bit. Summer is coming and we want to be rid of our manic impatience… Won’t you join me in a prayer for patience this month and next?

The Greatest Prayer is Patience …

Lord, teach me to be patient – with life, with people, and with myself. I sometimes try to hurry things along too much, and I push for answers before the time is right. Teach me to trust Your sense of timing rather than my own and to surrender my will to Your greater and wiser plan. Help me let life unfold slowly, like the small rosebud whose petals unravel bit by bit, and remind me that in hurrying the bloom along, I destroy the bud and much of the beauty therein.

Instead, let me wait for all to unfold in its own time. Each moment and state of growth contains a loveliness. Teach me to slow down enough to appreciate life and all it holds. Amen.

Prayer Source: Unknown

Originally Posted on: A Catholic Life

 God Bless, Holly Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment