Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Lord Has Done Great Things for Us

What Have You’ve
Done for the Lord Lately?
"The Lord has done great things for us,
We are filled with gladness and joy.”
Jaime Cortez, based on Psalm 126

 As we enter into the season of Spring I am filled with gladness and joy. The Lord has His paintbrush out painting the trees and flowers all sorts of colors, the air is fresh and there is a sense of renewal for me as Spring reminds me of the joy of new life. At this time of year I often pick up a dainty flower and ponder its intricate beauty. Benjamin Disraeli once said “Nature is the art of God.” God gives us the beauty of the earth, sky and seas and the ultimate miracle of life.

As I read Psalm 126 I ask myself “What have I done for the Lord lately? Do I deserve to be filled with gladness and joy? I look at my life and try to see where I can reciprocate God’s gifts to me. I ask you… how do you spend your time? Is it caught up in the minutia of life… the unimportant things in the world… or is it spent in the Lord’s service? How do you give back to the Lord for your gladness and joy?

This Springl when you look into a new green leaf or feel that irresistible urge to admire the flowers blossoming, contemplate how you will give back to God for your happiness and joy. How will you make God joyful today? God gives us so much of His time and energies in order for us to be happy. Consider giving back of your time to God in service and prayer. Consider donating some time to ministry or to a lonely person. Be creative! Let us also commit ourselves to filling others with gladness and joy.

God Bless, Holly Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment