Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Who are You Thankful For?

November 21

Giving Thanks
Who are you thankful for? Take a moment, right now, close your eyes and picture the people in your lives who have made a difference in your life. Who is coming to mind? Mom? Dad? Teacher? Friend or relative? The stranger who smiled at you when you most needed a smile? There are so, so many people we meet and are grateful for. Some are with us, others moved away, others are in the arms of Jesus, and still others are complete strangers to us.

For me… I am thankful for my parents who have taught me love; and perseverance in the face of adversity; for my brother who taught me to just “go for it” and reach out to my dreams; for my grandparents who taught me all about tradition and family history; for my friends who support me when I need encouragement and a hug; for my co-workers who support me in my ministry and keep me sane; for strangers I don’t know who happen to be in the right place and at the right time to help me in life; and thankful for all of you in the pews- for just being you! I am thankful for so many people, even thankful to those who provide me with the “irritants” in life for they are God’s people too and they teach me patience!

Go back now and picture again in your mind someone special to you, someone you want to hug. Remember them in a special way this week. If the person is nearby, don’t be shy, give a big bear hug! If the person is far away write a letter of appreciation or give a phone call- again don’t be shy! If the person you are remembering has passed away, imagine he or she is sitting beside you at Thanksgiving Dinner and imagine them loving you always from heaven and then ask Jesus to hug them for you.
Have a Blessed Thanksgiving, Holly Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment