Friday, September 28, 2012

Retreating


Retreating
Last weekend I spent four glorious, faith-filled days on the shores of Cohasset at the St. Joseph Retreat Center in a silent retreat. From time-to-time God calls us to still our minds, to rest, to listen to his soft whisperings. He wants us to be still and know Him… be still and know… be still… be.

So often our daily lives are caught up with running here and there; doing this and that; worrying and stressing out about everything. We constantly ask ourselves is this what life is about? Is this what God wants for me? For that matter, you might be asking yourself where is God in my life? As I got comfy in my lounge chair, looking out over the ocean-- relishing in the near silence with only the birds chirping and the waves lapping the shore—I asked God “What do you want for me? What is your plan for me?” Of course, God, being God, does not answer right away or in the way I expect. So very often He will give us clues to what He wants to tell us, but we have to be ready to listen and perhaps His answers will take us to the unexpected.
 
By the end of my retreat I was full of joy! God and I talked every day. I stilled my mind so I could listen to His voice. He did let me in on what He wants for me, albeit in very unexpected ways. God is always ready to converse with us and guide us. We need, must, go on a retreat from time to time, even if it is just for a few hours. This week be still your mind, relax and listen to what God wants to say to you, it will be time well spent… just be still and listen!          God Bless and happy retreating, Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment