Friday, September 28, 2012


Don’t Worry!

"Come away by yourselves to a deserted place and rest a while."
Mark 6:31

 I always feel when God puts this piece of scripture before me he is trying to tell me something! It is the perfect message for the summer as we travel to far off places or maybe just seek solitude in our own backyards. It is a reminder that we all need to slow down and reflect upon our lives.

I often retreat to the ocean when I feel the need to find solitude. We all need to find that special place where we can be alone with our thoughts and invite the Lord to listen in. Not long ago I was sitting on the beach, watching the tide go out and pondering life. The beach was pretty much deserted as it was a rather chilly day. The hymn “All That is Hidden” kept running through my mind. The tide slowly ebbed away and revealed the hidden shoreline. Concealed treasures soon became revealed and life to me suddenly became clear: It is with time that all things become known.

 God is telling us to be patient. He does not want us to be concerned with all that we don’t know or worrying about our futures. The Lord knows our future and will take care of us. When we are uncertain about what lies ahead we can put our trust in the Lord and know that whatever is invisible to us now will, in time, be revealed. By worrying about tomorrow we ruin the today. Life is a journey and we must savor every bit of it.

- God Bless, Holly Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment