Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Look to the Psalms

January 16

A Look to the Psalms
I waited, waited for the LORD; who bent down and heard my cry, Drew me out of the pit of destruction, out of the mud of the swamp, Set my feet upon rock, steadied my steps
- Ps 40:2-3

Oh how often have I waited for the Lord to bend down to me and take my hand, to draw me out of the not so happy times of my life! We all have times in our lives that we feel lost and abandoned. Throughout history, men and women have fallen into the depths of despair and may have felt God had abandoned them. The Psalms often express our cries of despair, feelings of abandonment and loneliness when life troubles us and we are blind to God’s presence.

Today I encourage you to look at Psalm 40, the Psalm for today. Get your Bible (or web printout!!!) and really look at the words. Let the words flow through you. Feel the pain of the psalmist and let your pains and emotions flow through to God. And then listen. Listen to your heart, listen for God. When we read and pray the Psalms we are in conversation with God. We cry out to Him and He hears our cry. He never abandons us. He will take your hand and pull you out of the swamp… He will put you back on solid ground, solid rock… He will steady your steps…and… He will love you always.

Though I am afflicted and poor, the Lord keeps me in mind.
Ps 40:18

God Bless, Holly Clark

2 comments:

  1. How true is this passage for the last week till today I have been down in the dumps, scared, and felt alone. Today,the Lord gave me his hand and lifted me up. Alleluia!

    ReplyDelete