Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Ice Palace

January 9, 2011

The Ice Palace

Winter has barely begun and we are already grumbling at the icy parking lots, un-cleared sidewalks, and scraping car windows. We are already longing for the warmth of spring. The other morning I started out to my car to come to work and discovered yet again I needed to scrape off my windshield. I became really stubborn and decided to just sit and wait while the defroster cleared my windshield. I just sat there cold and frustrated, wondering how many more times I’d have to do this, this winter. But then, the sun came up over the horizon and started peeking through the trees. Suddenly I was illuminated in light! The sun came through my car windows and illuminated each and every ice crystal. Every crystal refracted a bit of a rainbow. I was surrounded by joy and quickly regretted turning on the defroster! I was in an ice palace, created in love by God.

Every day we come across many things that frustrate us, anger us and perhaps even depress us. God does take notice and will often send some indication that He is near and to fear not. But it takes a bit of work on our part too. We need to be open to seeing God in unusual and unexpected places. We need to still our minds to hear God’s voice. We need to look for the rainbows that surround us daily. This week toss out frustration and anger and look for joy instead… it is there… I promise!
God Bless, Holly Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment