Friday, March 9, 2012

Where two or three come together…


During times of trouble, illness and distress we often seek out Jesus to help us but how often do we seek Him out in the good times? We ask Jesus to guide us, pray with us when we are in trouble and heal us when we are ill. But how often do we invite Jesus to laugh with us, celebrate our good times and little joys in life?

I was thinking of this the other day when I was conversing with friends. One friend was sharing her Lenten story of trying to walk the beach daily with Jesus but everyday she suffered some mishap along the way. She had us all on the floor with laughter from the way she was relating her tales of woe. As I was laughing, I closed my eyes and thanked God for the gift of simple laughter and the joys of friendship. I then imagined Jesus sitting in the empty chair next to me laughing just as hard! I am sure Jesus would like share our joys as well as hardships. I felt sad as I realized that I do not often thank God enough for the simple joys in life, a cup of coffee with a friend, a family birthday party, simple conversation. God did not make us to be alone but sent His Son to us so that we could have a friend forever- in the bad times and the good.

This Lent invite Jesus to have coffee with you in the morning. When you are gathering with friends and family imagine Jesus there with you laughing at Uncle Bob’s bad jokes or sharing the joy of a newborn. Look now beside you, whether you are in a pew or on your couch, and you will know Jesus is there- not just in the bad times but for all time.
God Bless, Holly Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment