Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Who are Our Neighbors?

You shall love your neighbor as yourself. –Mt 22:39

Very often when I put together the weekly bulletin I save writing this column last so I can feel the spirit move me! I will often read the Sunday scriptures ahead of time and the Holy Spirit will inspire my little brain with an idea. Today we ask ourselves “Who are our neighbors?” Pause a moment and think about your answer. The obvious answer is those whom we know, those in our Church and town… but Jesus would suggest also those whom we do not know and perhaps even our enemies. Who are your neighbors?
As I put together this week’s bulletin, and I read everyone’s articles, I was moved by so many of you helping your neighbors, both friends and strangers to us, through your participation at Sacred Heart and St. Rose. Please journey with me through the bulletin and explore how we help and love our neighbors…

We help our neighbors in need with our Parish Tithes; we pray for our neighbors who are ill; we remember our parishioner-neighbors when contributing to the Grand Annual collection; we are helping our elderly and ill neighbors through a Generations of Faith project; we are giving comfort to our bereaved neighbors by remembering their deceased love ones in song and in our Mass Intentions; we help our poor and needy neighbors with the SVDP Food Pantry; we help handicapped young neighbors by selling Tootsie Rolls; and lastly we enthusiastically come together in faith and fellowship thus spreading the joy of Christ and the Love of Christ to one another and to the world!

—God Bless all our neighbors, Holly Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment