Friday, October 30, 2009

Blessed are Those Who Mourn

November 1, 2009
Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted.

Tomorrow is All Soul’s Day. Today we celebrate Masses of Remembrance at both Sacred Heart and Saint Rose. We remember all those who have died in the past year. It is a time of holy remembering.

Every week I sit at my desk and type out the Mass Intentions here in the bulletin and from time to time I schedule funerals to be celebrated here… I often find myself wondering who these people were in life. I wonder if they were well loved or lonely souls. I ponder how their lives touched others. Every life on this planet touches another in some way.

Today, I think back to the loved ones I have lost and contemplate lost time. I ask myself was I too busy to visit my grandmothers when they were alive? Do I make time for my friends and relatives now while we are alive and well?

My thoughts today also go out to two of my friends who have terminal illnesses. I pray that a year from now I am not mourning them and feeling like I have neglected them in their time of need. Life is too short for regrets. Let us make in effort today, right now, to make a difference in someone’s life. Let us make time for the lonely, the ill and dying. Let us reach out with open arms to one another as Jesus did. And let us especially pray for and give comfort to those who are remembering and mourning loved ones today.
God Bless, Holly Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment