Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Imagination

Setting Our Hearts Aflame
Imagination
Holly got a message that on this day, God wants her to know... that you are only as free as you imagine yourself to be. There is nothing ''out there'' that's holding you down, - you are limiting yourself only with your own imagination. And your greatest limits are not even the ''cannot'' and the ''should not'', but the places where your imagination hasn't yet gone at all. There has never been a better time for you to open your eyes, let the imagination soar and see what more is possible.

A few months ago I joined Facebook and I came across a little application called “What God wants you to know…” Everyday a little message is delivered to me. Very often these messages provide me with much food for thought and prayer.

This message brought me back to a day in November 1970. My parents gave me a newspaper clipping with the heading “My Parents Knocked the Word Can’t Out of My Life.” On November 8, 1970 the placekicker for the New Orleans Saints, Tom Dempsey, kicked the game winning field goal in the last two seconds of the game. The kick was good at 63 yards, a record still held today. What was amazing about this feat was that Tom Dempsey was born with only a partial right hand and no toes on his right foot (his kicking foot).

The news article gave a brief synopsis of Dempsey’s life. He gave full credit to his parents for encouraging him in anything he wanted to do. The word “can’t” was not allowed in his household (nor was it allowed in mine.) I kept that news clipping until this day as a reminder to me that with faith anything is possible.

The next time you feel something is impossible ask God to show you a path. Ask Him for strength, insight, and imagination and you will find that with God’s help, nothing is impossible.
God Bless… Holly Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment