Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Getting Lost With Jesus!

4-2-13


One of my favorite ways to pray is in my car while travelling from place to place. I often put on some music and invite Jesus to ride with me and talk with me. Last week, before Easter, I set out to do some Communion calls in Lakeville. This was my first time going out to see parishioners in Lakeville and I had my addresses programmed into my GPS and Jesus next to me in a pyx in the passenger’s seat. As I drove along the back roads of Lakeville I thought to myself—just how awesome it was to have the Real Presence next to me as my travelling companion. Jesus and I drove through some beautiful back roads and we conversed together all along the way. I found the first home easy enough and it was wonderful to be able to bring Jesus to a woman who cannot join us at the Sunday Table of our Lord. She, I and Jesus chatted for quite some time. So joyful was she when Jesus came to her home!

The next home I had a difficult time finding. My GPS “Lady” was telling me to go one way though instinct was telling me to go another way (and you all know we MUST “obey” our GPS!). I got terribly lost in the woods of Lakeville. As I tried finding my to this couple’s home I wondered what Jesus, next to me, was thinking? Was He enjoying the ride? Was He annoyed with me for being lost? But I recalled what He said to Martha and Mary when Martha was overly concerned about the details of hospitality rather than focusing on the presence of her guests. I found myself enjoying this private time with Jesus. Jesus reminded me that it is too easy to get caught up in the minute details of what we do and forget about simply enjoying the moment, finding the joy in the presence of Jesus and the people we are with.

Eventually I found the home that I was looking for. The elderly husband and wife greeted me warmly and assured me they were not annoyed I was late. As if prompted by Jesus the woman said to me “We do what we can, when we can… and not worry about the rest!” the perfect thought to end my day. I will always treasure my day bringing the Eucharist to homebound parishioners and getting lost with Jesus.
God Bless, Holly Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment