Friday, November 16, 2012

For Veterans


For All Veterans…

Today I am remembering my grandfather who served in the army in the Phillipines in WWII and my father who served in the Navy during the Korean War. Both men volunteered to serve their country in different ways. My grandfather was a mortar man fighting in jungles and my Dad was an electrician aboard an aircraft carrier. Both men I admire for their willingness to travel across the world, leaving their families temporarily, and risk their lives to keep us and those around the world safe. Both my dad and grandfather were very proud of their military service and were buried in the last couple of years with military honors. As taps was played for them at their wakes I thought of all the veterans who never made it home; those who made the ultimate sacrifice. Veterans deserve a very special place in our hearts… please join me today in saying a prayer for veterans. God Bless, Holly Clark

 

Prayer for Veterans

Heavenly Father,

on this day, help us remember those

who gave of themselves to keep us safe and secure.

Enkindle in our consciences a desire

to serve those who served their country selflessly.

Give us the grace to aid those

who have given aid and protection to us and others

both here and overseas.

Let us never forget the causes for which they fought

or the bravery they showed on the battlefield.

May we be always be mindful of those

who paid the price for our freedom,

just as your Son gave his life

to free us from the bondage of sin.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment